Effective January 1, 2008
1. These are general rules of the Club. Members are also governed by policy motions approved at Executive Committee and/or regular Club meetings. These rules and policies shall not supersede the Club By-Laws.
2. No hunting or trapping of any animals or birds on club grounds.
3. Bass fishing is permitted in the Club pond from July 1 to March 31 only. Limit is two 12” bass per day. No closed season for bluegills. No limit on bluegills.
4. Indoor range may be used from 8:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. daily, except during regular monthly Club meeting nights and special events. The rules of the range are posted and must be followed. Serious violations such as use of non-allowed caliber (must use .22 standard load or less), intentional destruction, and vandalism are causes for permanent suspension from the Club. Paper targets and targets approved by the Executive Committee and general membership shall be the only targets permitted on indoor and outdoor ranges.
5. Outdoor ranges may be used daily until dark. Intentional destruction or vandalism here is also cause for permanent suspension from the Club. If the clubhouse or grounds are rented and a member wants to use the trap range the member must first get permission from the renter. Archery range field tip only. Range rules are posted and must be followed.
6. All ranges will be closed the week of the Franklin County Fair.
7. Three and or four-wheeled recreational vehicles, dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and similar off-road vehicles are not permitted on Club Grounds. Does not include Club or Club Committees. Proper use of motorcycles on Club roads is permitted.
8. Dog training is permitted at all times except during the Franklin County Fair. No live animals are allowed in the clubhouse.
9. Anyone using the facilities of the Club must return items to proper order when finished. (Clean up brass and targets at ranges, turn off lights, lock doors, and clean up floors of paper and mud.)
10. Trees and plants cannot be cut or removed without club permission.
11. Members are allowed one guest, and the member is responsible for any guest they bring onto the Club grounds. The guest and club member must sign a release form.
12. Anyone found guilty of serious violations of the State Fish and Game Laws will be subject to suspension from the Club. (Deer poaching, illegal fishing, stealing fish from the nursery, etc.)
13. The possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages on the Club grounds is strictly prohibited.
14. Key cards are available from the Financial Secretary by payment of the fee as established by the Executive Committee and the general membership.
15. Sporting Clays’ course to be used on a regular open day. Course may not be used any other time except when setting new courses or for special events.
16. A Club sponsored team must consist only of members belonging to the Chambersburg Rod and Gun Club, Inc.
17. Current inventory lists from all committees must be updated annually and submitted no later than January 31 of the current year.
18. Follow kitchen rules as posted – no exceptions for noncompliance.
19. Each committee chairperson shall annually provide a list of committee members to the President.
20. The current initiation fee is $25.00. Reference Article 3, Section 1 (1).
21. The current annual dues fee is $45.00. Reference Article 3, Section 1 (1), and Article 7.
22. Each standing committee shall turn over 10% of the committee’s annual profits to the parent club. Reference Article 9.
23. Junior members under the age of 18 will not be permitted to assist with games of chance, e.g. bingo and fish bowls.
24. Individuals or organizations wishing to rent the Club House, Pavilion, or the Club Grounds must contact the Vice President and complete a rental agreement form.
25. The use of fully automatic guns on Club ranges is strictly prohibited.
26. Due to the proximity of the 100 yard range and the 50 yard range, shooting is limited to one range at a time during an oficial sanction activity by the Board of Directors.